Bike Touring Highlight
The ground fighting in the first days of April 1945 brought further destruction between parts of the German 6th SS Panzer Army and the Soviet 3rd Ukrainian Front. Several bridges were blown up, lock systems and small power plants were destroyed and industrial companies related to sewers were devastated. The aqueduct over the Liesingbach was temporarily repaired with steel girders to guide the Aspangbahn line. The remains of the building were removed around 1980.
As the necessary general renovation was not related to the available funds and possible income, the "Austro-Belgische" again decided to shut down and fill up the canal.
September 21, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!