Bike Touring Highlight
The church St. Georg is located about 1.5 km north outside the village Siebnach on the western slope of the Wertach lowlands. West of it is the hamlet Kirch-Siebnach.
The place where the Church of St. George rises was inhabited since earliest times. Thus, during excavations in the years 1952 and 1958, a Roman settlement layer was discovered between the church and the school to the north. This suggests a farmhouse from the 2nd century. Possibly. was at this point the Welf castle Siebenach which was destroyed in 1083. From the castle chapel, the church could have emerged.
Newly built Michael Stiller 1718/19 the church under pastor Alois Maier.
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!