The nunnery in Seck was first mentioned in documents in 1181. In the 16th century the monastery was dissolved - for example the bells 1591 brought to Westerburg or Gemünden. Thanks to a support association, extensive security measures were taken at the ruins and further decay is counteracted. An information hut (log cabin) was also built by the association, which is accessible to everyone for free all year round and which displays a wealth of interesting information and background knowledge. Great !
A historic, idyllic place!The visit of the ruin can be combined very well with the visit of the Holzbachschlucht :-).
November 9, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!