Bike Touring Highlight
In the southeast corner of the complex is the profane, late medieval arched Leonhardikapelle fenced. Johann Baptist Bergmüller, son of Johnann Georg, also painted the simple barrel-vaulted hall of the abbey church with its choir and double gallery. The pictures of the altar house are dedicated to a complicated, rarely presented iconography and show the wise counsel of God. On the painting of the high altar taken over from the first church, the Holy Trinity appears in the form of three male figures (by Johann Georg Bergmüller, 1748). The ceiling painting and the paintings above the choir arch continue the theme of salvation through the Son of God, while the picture above the ship also includes the Landsberg Convention in the divine salvation plan of salvation and depicts the nuns with their children in front of the new monastery church. The slender side altars of the church were created in 1765 by Tassilo Zöpf in stucco marble; they round off the uniform appearance of the church, which has been preserved almost unchanged since its construction.
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!