The former monastery Lamspringe is located in Lamspringe in southern Lower Saxony. The complex dates back to a Benedictine nunnery founded in the 9th century. The abounding estate was once a prosperous business.
The monastery was dissolved in 1803. Since then, the monastery church has been the church of the Catholic parish of St. Hadrian and St. Dionysius in Lamspringe.
(Source: information boards on the monastery grounds)