The Insel-Schlösschen am Hariksee was built in 1891 as a small villa for Bartholomäus Rosbach, the then owner of Haus Clee in Waldniel (Schwalmtal). His father, Eduard Rosbach, came in 1854 in the possession of Waldnieler nobility by marriage to Berta Marianne Roth. The Inselschlösschen was used among other things for hunting parties and festivals.
The touristic development of the Hariksee as excursion and recreational area began in the early 1920s. Since then, the Inselschlösschen am Hariksee is known as a tourist restaurant. Later it received a large cultivation. Pioneers of Harikseetourismus were probably the spouses Annemarie and Paul Kruff. (He was the first captain of the passenger ship "Patschel", which operates between the jetties Inselschlösschen and Mühlrather Mühle.)
In March of 2002, a fire destroyed most of the castle and the entire complex. Meanwhile, the castle was rebuilt. Next to the castle there is a restaurant pavilion today.
November 1, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!