Mountain Biking Highlight
There was a castle in Jaun - but it has not yet been possible to determine when it was built. The ruins of the castle, which was probably destroyed in 1407, were located between the Euschelstal and the Oberbach above the main road at an altitude of approx. 1180 m. In April 1979 the last remaining wall collapsed. The French name of Jaun -Bellegarde - obviously comes from this castle. Recently the remainder of the ruin has been fortified so that the beautiful viewpoint is still preserved.jaun.ch/sehenswuerdheiten
July 10, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!