Bike Touring Highlight
On the western edge of the old center is the most important building in the form of the chapel. The formerly plastered quarry stone construction with Eckquaderung carries in the middle a wooden roof ridge, which is dated in the weather vane 1412/1984 GB. The gable trapezoids are hung with pans. On the four side walls, the roof and Giebelschwellbalken far above curly Taustabknaggen. Built in 1412 on a rectangular ground plan as a fortified church chapel was sparingly illuminated by small windows, which were later added square windows. The interior used to have an inlaid ceiling that was removed. The encircling support is still recognizable. Below the family chapel of Reden is the family tomb, which can be reached from the outside via a brick-mounted entrance on the north side. An important inventory is the altar from the 16th century and the valuable Baroque pulpit donated by Eleonora von Reden in 1687. The clockwork also dates back to 1886. The chapel has been owned by the Förderverein Kapelle Harkenbleck since 1983.de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harkenbleck
October 17, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.