Mountain Biking Highlight
Kirchlich Niedererbach should first have been part of the neighboring parish Nentershausen. Since a separate pastor is already mentioned for 1291, should have existed at this time but already own parish. To the parish Nentershausen the place belonged however further. With certainty, a separate parish church for 1320 to prove. The Reformation was never introduced in Niedererbach.
In 2006, the community celebrated the 100th funfair. This most important village festival takes place every year on the last weekend in August and commemorates the consecration of the parish church of St. Catherine in 1906. Part of the church tower is much older and probably dates back to around 1200. In front of the present church stood in the same place in 1738 a baroque church, about the size of today's aisle. At the latest in 1892, a church building fund was active to build a new church. The old church was demolished in 1904, but the church tower stopped. Only the upper third was broken off and renewed.
Architect Jakob Fachinger from Limburg emerged from an "architectural competition" in 1903 as the winner for the new building. The blueprints were submitted on 1 February 1904 to the Episcopal Ordinariate in Limburg and the Royal District Office in Westerburg for consideration and approval. There was one positive decision each.
On July 27, 1904, the demolition of the old church began by master mason Sellmann from Limburg. The cost was 230 marks. At the same time, the tender for the work for the construction of the new church in the "Nassauer Boten" took place. The tender received 80 offers. The contract was awarded to builder Jakob Eufinger from Elz for 25,387.77 marks. The contract included earthworks and masonry work, supply of building materials, stonecutting, carpentry, roofing, plumber, locksmithery and ironwork.
In September 1904, the excavation work for the new parish church began. On May 14, 1905, the foundation stone was laid and celebrated on 10 August 1905 topping out ceremony. The shell was completed in December 1905. In May 1906 began the interior plastering, the installation of the windows and the interior. On August 19, 1906, the new church was solemnly consecrated by Bishop Dominikus Willi.
Source Wikipedia; de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niedererbach#Kirchengeschichte
November 1, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!