Bike Touring Highlight
The parish church of Breno, documented as early as 1233, is in its current form a building from the late 16th century that was expanded in 1852. The neoclassical facade was added in 1912 and encloses the gate of the original church. The nave is provided with a barrel vault. On the left the ancient baptismal font with a wooden temple by the sculptor Righini from Bedigliora (1726) and a painting (1616). The Lady Chapel to the left of the entrance, decorated with stucco, is from the 17th century and was the former choir. The side chapels of St. Anthony Abbot and St. Anthony of Padua are decorated with stucco work by Pietro Sartori from Vezio (17th century). The high altar in neoclassical style has stucco work by Giovanni Righetti from Aranno (1852). The frescoes of the patron saint in the apse are by Giovanni Righetti and F. Sartori (1853). The granite column in the cemetery was erected in 1664.
April 1, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!