Bike Touring Highlight
Windmill Betty at Ludingworth
In the 18th century, the mill belonged to the Bulle family's mill farm.
According to the local chronicle of Lüdingworth, the mill was built in its present form between 1902 and 1904.
It belongs to the tower dutch building type; the hull is walled up as a round building up to the mill hood. The relatively small mill has no gallery.
The hood rotates in the wind by means of a compass rose.
The mill has a grinding and grist gear.
From 1926 it belonged to Georg Steffens - hence also called Steffensmühle - who leased it to the miller Hesse and others. Steffens was the last to run "Betty" as a windmill.
The mill technology is functional.
The mill is now used as a holiday home.
June 23, 2022
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!