Bike Touring Highlight
This Highlight is in a protected area
Please check local regulations for: Naturpark Stromberg-Heuchelberg
About one and a half kilometers southwest of the city center are the ruins of the Klösterle on the edge of the vineyards. Around 1435 a chapel was built there, which was dedicated to the "Blessed Virgin Mary". In connection with the spring at which it was located, it became a place of pilgrimage. Barefoot monks lived there from 1477 until the Reformation. After the Reformation the monastery was abandoned. The stones were partly used for buildings in Bönnigheim. The remains were eventually completely covered by soil. In 1975 the remains of the complex were rediscovered and uncovered during land consolidation work. (Wikipedia)
March 1, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!