Bike Touring Highlight
The once existing at this point moated castle, which was built in the 12th and 13th century, was destroyed in the peasant uprising of 1525. The castle in its present form dates back to Duke Ludwig II of Palatinate-Zweibrücken, who had the facility restored in the form of a castle castle. The south wing, with its two characteristic round towers that used to serve as turrets, was completed in 1532.
Since 1984, the castle is the seat of the Verbandsgemeinde administration Bad Bergzabern.
August 8, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.