Mountain Biking Highlight
The beginnings of the pit Nachod are no longer detectable. The real name "Nachod" was awarded to Franz Kraemer on May 29, 1867, Heinrich Meier, who became Iron King, and Anton Fritz and Caspar Schneider, to victories on iron ore. On 23 July 1867 a union of 19 persons with 100 Kuxen was registered in the land register. Johannes Utsch zu Eiserfeld was elected representative of the union, the supervision led the Steiger Heinrich Tillmann to Niederdielfen. Between 1867 and 1875 an irregular operation took place: To investigate the occurrence, a drop was drilled with only one worker at the find point and the tunnel was propelled. Due to the traces found during the workover, it can be proven that no appreciable funding has ever taken place and that the mine did not make any profit for the trades. Only a few centimeters thick veins were passed through the tunnel. The heap of the tunnel was formerly called Neldas Hälchen.Site and further information: bergbau-siegerland.de/index.php/de/wanderweg-des-vsb/stollen-der-grube-nachod
August 12, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!