The Kantorhaus is the oldest preserved half-timbered house in Bernau. The listed building was built in 1583 in Tuchmachergasse, today's Tuchmacherstraße, by the Bernau citizens Pieper, Henzen and Kogge.A chiseled inscription that follows the entire length of the house points to the builders: “In 1582 these stalls in the churches are freely requested by R. Johann Pipern and in 1583 by ime and Matthias Henzen and Lorentz Koggen as Caste lords Got built in honor. Amen."Between 1981 and 1983 the building was extensively restored and then used as a music school until 2010. At the beginning of 2012, the city of Bernau received the cantor's house for a symbolic amount of EUR 1.00 from the district of Barnim. After an expensive repair, a wedding room and rooms for exhibitions on the city's history and development are to be created in the building.Source: de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kantorhaus_Bernau
February 12, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.