Sankt Johannis is a former monastery church of the Franciscans in the city of Brandenburg an der Havel, which is used as an event hall. It is located in the old town on the Havel in the immediate vicinity of the millennium bridgeSource: de.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Johannis_(Brandenburg_an_der_Havel)
After 1237, the Franciscans settled down on the edge of the old town. They built an elongated, flat-roofed brick hall church around 1250-70 with slender window slits preserved in both nave walls.
Founded on morass, the church lost its vaults early. Restored as a church of the Refugiés in 1787 and 1850, a bomb attack destroyed the west wall in 1945. Roof and vault collapsed in 1986. In 1992, the stabilization of the ruin followed in 2007/08.
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!