In front of the village Stedar with its manor one finds a parking lot at the turning circle of the bus, past the manor an avenue of old cherry trees leads to the peninsula. Just before you enter the dam to the island on the left is an old orchard. It served after the war to the fruit supply of the Bergen hospital. Today it is a school project, snacking for the hiker unfortunately not desired. For this one is received on the peninsula at the first crossroads of a very old and mighty apple tree. Its fruits are reminiscent of the gray Herbstrenette, unfortunately still inedible in September. You now follow the tour around the island. There is also a not marked in the map way, which leads directly over the center of the island to Lindenallee. There you pass an obviously abundant wild boar chair.
An enchanted place is this peninsula, more sensitive natures on small clearings in the haze and in the back light to be able to recognize the flashing and lightning of forest elves who want to play their practical joke with us invaders. It is still here, it is quiet here. Or was there perhaps the crackling of a boar in the undergrowth. Well let's talk to Ernst Moritz Arndt:
Now we have arrived, it rises in the middle of the larger island (meaning Rügen) an islet, quieter lapped by floods; It is said that Pulitz was the love of the yearning youth, and that it still hovers over the man like a blissful dream. Sweet is the island, shielded from storms by hills and forests, it looks over the land, beyond the coast, far away to the surging sea, where ships like talking birds gleaming wings fly flight to the breezing wind. Out of the Eden, as if it were a dream, it looks to the wild!
September 20, 2016
The enchanted island of Pulitz does not let its secrets escape so easily, the search for clues on the Internet is tedious. There is hardly any evidence about the neighboring estate Stedar. Who planted the old lime tree avenue in the south, which was now wild and completely taken over by the forest. Human settlement has been proven since 1318, a Swedish map of 1695 shows in the middle of the island arable land surrounded by deciduous forest. In 1886 the fields were afforested, in 1890 the dam was built, which now connects the peninsula with the mainland.1813 Ernst Moritz Arndt dedicated the poem "Lebensstraum" to his future, this was his second wife Anna Maria Schleiermacher, whom he married in 1817. In 1846 he dedicated the poem "Der Schwan von Pulitz" to his longtime friend Charlotte von Kathen, who conducted a literary salon on Gut Götemitz. C.Verhein describes the situation after World War II in his book "From Peyse to Pulitz: A Tale of Decline and New Beginning at the End of the Second World War." Now Pulitz nature reserve, from mid-January to mid-June closed to the visitor, then govern the mosquitoes. Best time for a hike is therefore the fall or the early winter. The Komoran colony no longer exists, but hawk, marsh harrier and white-tailed eagle breed here
September 20, 2016
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!