The Johanneskapelle of Pürgg stands on a free hill east of the village and is built in Romanesque style. In contrast to the parish church of Pürgg, the Johanneskapelle is first mentioned in a documentary from 1350. Although no previous records exist, it can be safely assumed that the construction of the chapel was directly related to the settlement of the Traungau market counts at the castle Grauscharn. Presumably, it served as a princely Palatine chapel and was integrated into the architectural complex of the castle complex. There are no structural indications for this.
The most well-known and certainly most enigmatic motive is the cat-mice-war, which is based on the Aesopischen animal-fables of the antique one. The unequal fight between cats and mice employed poets as well as visual artists up until the Middle Ages
August 30, 2016
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.