Mountain Biking Highlight
Forest Museum Watterbacher HouseA leaflet has been published for the museum, against return postage it can be requested from the parish of Kirchzell. From October to March, the museum is open on Saturdays and Sundays from noon to 4pm, from April to September Sat. and Sun. is open from 11am to 5pm and outside opening hours on request.Museum management:
Main street 19
Fax: 09373/974324Waldmuseum FlyerOn 1 August 1997 the Waldmuseum Watterbacher Haus in Preunschen, Kirchzell in the Bavarian Odenwald, was opened.The building, known as Watterbacher Haus, is named after its original location in Watterbach, a district of Kirchzell.It is considered the oldest preserved farmhouse of the Odenwald.
The medieval half-timbered building is constructed with ridge columns. Five continuous beams arranged in the longitudinal axis carry the ridge purlin.A dendrochronological investigation - that is the investigation of several wood samples by the tree ring method - resulted in a building date around 1475.The house was a so-called residential stable, which meant stable and apartment were under one roof - as it was common practice in the Odenwald.Since the original owners wanted to demolish the house because of a new building, it had to be relocated. About an intermediate station in the hamlet Breitenbach 1966 finally found it in 1981 its final location on the outskirts of Preunschen.kirchzell.de/index.asp?NAVIID=%7BA265F657-1255-433D-97E9-41639AB9DD1D%7D
July 3, 2016
Watterbacher Haus, further information: museen-im-odenwald.webseiten.cc/index.php?id=20&tx_wtdirectory_pi1[show]=55&tx_rggooglemap_pi1[poi]=55
September 8, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!