"The Old Town Hall on the market dates back to the Renaissance and was built as a city balance in the 15th century, after being rebuilt and rebuilt in 1797, it was the seat of the city council.
The plastered, two-storey eaves house under hipped roof was built in 1567 for the first time as a city balance. The building received its present appearance in 1797. The strictly classical design is characterized by great clarity, symmetry and ornamental restraint. The existing building was then rebuilt into a town hall and extended to the marketplace by an arcade.
From 1902 to 1925, the old building served as a municipal combing room and from 1935 it was used as a Heimatmuseum. As one of the few buildings in the city center, the former town hall was partially spared from the devastation of World War II. "Source: Metropole Ruhr
April 16, 2016
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.