Bike Touring Highlight
The cath. Church of St. Urban and Vitus is located east of the main street in the middle of the village. A strong lining wall shields the churchyard from the lower street. It is a so-called west single tower system. The square church tower in front was also used as a passage and main entrance.
The external appearance is as clear as the floor plan. In the western part there are broken round windows. The slim, narrow choir is emphasized by four simple buttresses. Except for architecturally outstanding parts, all walls are made of roughly worked stone or quarry stone.
The wide, light-flooded interior is in clear contrast to the reserved exterior appearance. The ceiling is decisive for the spatial impression. It consists of a system of image fields, stucco garlands and colored reasons.
The high age was delivered from Rottenburg in 1713. In 1823 Georg Zehr created the side altars. The cupola-shaped baptismal font from 1753 shapes the sculptural group of the Baptism of Christ. In 1810 the Neuhausen community purchased the Rococo organ located on the west gallery.
April 17, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.