Oberhundem is a district of the municipality Kirchhundem. Evidence that the existence of Oberhundem dates back to the 14th century. The place name is based on the water name Hundem. On July 1, 1969 Oberhundem was incorporated into Kirchhundem.The most famous building in Oberhundem is Adolfsburg Castle, a 17th century moated castle built by Johann Adolf von Fürstenberg. The Embroidery Museum is housed in the old pastorate, a half-timbered house that is over 300 years old. The nave of the baroque parish church of St. Lambertus was completed in 1771. The Romanesque tower is much older. It probably dates from the 13th century. Its core is likely to be even older.
December 31, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!