Bike Touring Highlight
First, the place was mentioned in 780 under the name Herefridesleiben. At the site of the demolished in 1958 castle originally stood a moated castle. It served to secure the surrounding area and a transition over the Unstrut, which belonged to a trade route that came from the Harz via Nordhausen coming to Arnstadt and the Thuringian Forest (Wikipedia).
October 27, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.