Mountain Biking Highlight
On the Pollasch is a memorial of the Association of Hochspessartfreunde Rothenbuch e.V.Frankfurt am Main for the 140 members fallen in the First World War. The Heigenbrückener Steinmetz Georg Lippert designed it in 1927 from local Buntsandstein. In 2009, the observation deck on the Pollasch was redesigned in such a way that the refuge (1934) named after the forester Christian Wodianka was transferred from the opposite side of the street St 2317 on the monument side, so that they as before, when this road was still a hiking trail, as an ensemble with the monument and with the viewpoint should be felt. The view extends far into the Laufachtal over the eponymous place.
August 4, 2016
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!