About Erwin D.R
Sportieveling die graag nieuwe plaatsjes ontdekt !
In de winter actief al lopend en wandelend, in de zomer eerder per fiets.
Fotografie wekt ook wel mijn interesse, in het bijzonder in de natuur.
Blij via komoot nieuwe interessante omgevingen te kunnen ontdekken. En deze van mijzelf te kunnen delen met anderen !
- Erwin D.R
We are going to walk from Wevelgem to Kortrijk, but due to the abundant rain of the past few days we have changed the route a bit and we leave the Preshoekbos for next time.We cross the road Kortrijk Menen, see that the Yugoslavia pavilion of the 1958 expo is now part of the Sint-Pauluscollege and arrive at the Leiebrug Wevelgem-Lauwe.We follow the right bank upstream until we see signs of the GR5A ; we will largely follow it until past the mill in Aalbeke.From Kraaiveld in Lauwe we see the Kemmelberg; we follow the GR further , cross the railway line 75 Kortrijk Mouscron , see a memorial sign for two airmen who were shot down on October 17, 1918 and reach the height of the Kobbe , step over the E17 and go to the monument for the W-Vl porter .We briefly leave the GR to take a detour along the railway, pass the Koramic roof tile factory and look for the Papeyeweg where we meet the GR again.Where the GR goes to the right, we continue, over a bridge at the football square (3rd prov C, artificial grass, with nostalgia we think back to the mud areas of the past...) and we arrive at the Kortrijk Mouscron road.We see the former castle Allart , take the sloping Allartbosweg and arrive at the Hoogmolen ( 1717 ) ; we walk further, arrive at the back of the wood company Vandecasteele, willows border theWolverijdreef ; it's time for a picnic, with a view of the church of Bellegem and the Vander Ghinste brewing hall (Omer, LeFort).Now we have a mile and a half - meanwhile over the bridge of the
E403 - along the Lampestraat and Sint-Anna until in the vicinity of the Don Bosco school.There you take a narrow tarmac path that descends a bit and rises again, just to the right and to the left you can enter the urban greenery of the Marionettes; we arrive at the Libel , see the AZ Groeninge in front of us ,continue to the farm ter Couckx and take the cycling and walking path on the left over the E17 and further on the R8.We now arrive in a neighborhood where one villa is even bigger than the other, we arrive at the castle Hoog Mosscher, we briefly enter Van Ackers hof (built in 1913 by the then office of Welzaamheid, for widows and single women of more than 55 years of age). ) ; the chapel now hosts worship services for the Russian Orthodox Church .We cross the Condédreef, still see the OLV Vlaanderen college and arrive at the back of Kortrijk station. Our trains are ready to depart.
3 days ago
- Erwin D.R
We meet in Kortrijk and track to Komen .We walk up to the unfinished Ypres-Leie canal and follow the path along it; a monument in honor of the British who fought here in May 1940 draws our attention .A little further we pass sports fields and a swimming pool, we see a German bunker from the First World War and the musée de la rubanerie (ribbon).We cross the Leie, arrive in Comines France and end up at the weekly Monday market. We first walk through a small garden and walk to the municipal cemetery where there is a German monument.We return to the market with its campanile for the victims of war, the belfry and the town hall and enter St Chrysole's Church.
A remarkable building both inside and out .After the First World War the center was destroyed and a new town hall and a new church were built ; the church was inaugurated in 1927 .We walk to the towpath that we follow for a long time, leave it briefly to step into the Vert Digue, a small nature reserve between the canalized Leie and an arm of the Leie.In Waasten we cross the Leie again , walking up to the large St Pieter and St Paul abbey church , which unfortunately is not open .We walk further, see the building of the old Waasten station, continue on railway line 69A and leave it via a path in the direction of the N58 Pecq-Armentières ; under the main road , follow for a while and we are only half way through our journey but we can already see Messines .
Continue to the monument where a truce between the English and the Germans was held on Christmas 1914 , a little further the European Football Association had a new memorial erected in 2014 . We go to Ploegsteert forest, see that a forest road is closed for hunting - a little later we hear shots - and we continue until the N365.Some picnic benches are out of the wind and in the sun : quickly eat some sandwiches .Past the N-Zl memorial and the Ploegsteert 14-18 expérience museum we follow the GR Heuvelland, briefly an angry climb up next to surprised looking cows, into the Nachtegaalstraat, and then descend to the left to the valley of the Douvebeek. There we get today's only muddy roads; Farmers have to reach their land to harvest cauliflowers and their tractors make deep furrows in the path .Now we walk to the memorial New Zealand park , from there to the Irish peace park ; we cross the N365 , follow the GR , go to St Nicholas' Church in Messines where we see the tomb of Adela, wife of Boudewijn van Vlaanderen in the 11th century crypt. We continue to the market of Messines where a German and English soldier reach out to each other.We just have time to eat a piece of apple pie that Jan's wife has baked. The bus from Le Bizet arrives, the N-Zl soldier waves us off and in Ypres we trace back home.My friend Jan and I are so happy to be able to go out with an experienced guide like Johnny. Got to discover many new facts. Thank you!
November 22, 2021
- Erwin D.R
We trace to Sint-Niklaas where we take bus 41 . At the stop at the gothic Heilige Kruiskerk, we get off in Stekene.We take a look at an old pillory , a cast iron water pump , the monument to the war victims and the beautiful town hall .We step towards the old railway line 77 and see the old station there.
A little further we arrive at the Stekense vaart, which we now follow for a long way.It is called Silent Path and and it is quiet; some poems are easy to read.At the Persoonbrug we leave the canal , follow the Aartdreef for a while and then turn into the unpaved Liniedreef .Signs warn of ticks .Unpaved paths take us to the Weimanstraat , we see the image of the shepherd again ( last week 's walk ) and leave the paved Keizerstraat to reach Sinaai bridge along the Molenaarsdreefbeek and the Grote Astbeek .We briefly walk along the Moervaart , high reed fringes surround the canal ; then we turn into the Liniewegel, which we now follow for a long time.It is time for a picnic at the Kruiskapel .We continue to follow the sometimes narrow, sometimes wider Liniewegel, pass the football square of Eksaarde and arrive at the old railway line 77A Lokeren Moerbeke Waas;We follow to the right for a while; on the main road we see that to the left of us everything is private property; we then only walk on the cycle path for one and a half kilometers until the Moervaart , turn left to the center of Moerbeke where we see the beautiful town hall , the Sint-Antonius Abtkerk , the municipal park , the statue of August Lippens , the memorial monument for both wars .We then continue until we again meet the railway line 77 , arrive at the old station building , with statue of Mr Pheip , see an old locomotive donated by the former sugar factory ; at a roundabout we see a crystal of sugar and from afar we see the water tower that belonged to the sugar factory and the Vapeur bridge that was built over the Moervaart.We just have time to drink a coffee, the bus to Lokeren is coming. We can immediately board the train and be home before dark.Is that necessary for people over 60? That promises for the coming weeks .Thanks to friend Johnny for organizing the tour and text!
November 15, 2021
- Erwin D.R
Read an article in the press about the "quiet area" in the vicinity of the "Bosberg" near Geraardsbergen.
Found walk through komoot "From Start for a walk to Access Raspaillebos". Captured this on my smartphone and plan to follow that trek. Parking of starting point easily found, but when following the walk, immediately confronted with "forbidden entrance"! On our steps we returned to the parking lot and planned a walk there based on the information board.
Indeed a very nice quiet area along and through Raspaillebos. Halfway through the tour, discover "Helix", educational center of "forest and nature" where there is a lot to do. We will definitely come back here with our grandchildren.
We would definitely recommend this short walk of about 7 km to anyone who loves nature and silence!!!!
November 12, 2021
- Erwin D.R
We track to Sint-Niklaas and take bus 22 to Hulst, stop Koolstraat.You immediately see red and white and you follow a long path between the trees; birds are screeching in the nearby fields .We take a detour past the disappeared fortress of Moerschans and then we arrive at an annoying Kijkuitstraat, which we follow for a long way;We turn into the Hoogestraat and then turn right into a grassy path; we come near the creek sixty feet; there are already a dozen fishermen, both Belgian and Dutch, practicing their hobby.The long path along the beautiful creek takes us to a long straight asphalt road that is heavily traveled by tractors that deliver their potatoes and maize.Just before we reach the Meerdonk place name sign we step right onto the dead straight Koningsdijk , now a cycle path . To our right there are a few border posts , to the left is Belgium .We follow the Koningsdijk : the Waasland was part of the southern Netherlands and in Spanish possession , Hulst was part of the Republic of the Netherlands .Where Fort Bedmar used to be, there is now a campsite; we walk further, between De Klinge (B) and Clinge (NL) and we arrive in the Clingse woods; it's time for the picnic.After a nice walk in the Clingse woods we reach the old railway line Sint-Niklaas Hulst; we follow it for a while, after a while we take a path (again red and white) and where the broken road has left too muddy tracks, we follow a grass path that ends near the grounds of hockey club Rapide.A little further we walk through a residential area whose street names are the names of composers; we arrive in the former station area; the station has been demolished but the former goods shed is now brasserie Oud Hulst.At the Ghent gate we see a group of statues of Reynaert the fox; Halloween is approaching.We step on the ramparts to the old harbor, go into the center there, to the Vismarkt, visit the Basilica of St. Willebrord, walk across the market and go back to the ramparts that we follow until past the Stadsmolen; at the Double gate we go to the bus station.The bus drops us off at the station on time and the train at our destination station just in time. And cycling home for fifteen minutes with a tailwind didn't hurt either.
Thanks to friends Johnny (description, organization,...) and Jan for the company and so much more!
October 19, 2021
- Erwin D.R
Put on walking slippers on Saturday morning, to make a loop in a pleasant temperature and through a quiet piece of nature reserve in the neighborhood. Quietly enjoyed the fall colors, nature, temperature, and the little effort of walking. A good shower afterwards gave me a satisfied pleasure...
October 16, 2021