The three-aisled pillar basilica standing on this hill has a very eventful history. According to the monastery tradition, the Frankish Gaugraf Ruthard built a castle here in the 8th century, and in 1138 a chapel dedicated to St. Godehard of Hildesheim was added.
More information and bookings for guided tours: amorbach.de/index.php?c=hcpg&p=281
July 22, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!