Road Cycling Highlight
The tower was built around 1500 by the Lords of Piombino, the Appiani, who were intent on seeing the arrival of minerals from the island of Elba and defending the shores against the invasion of the Saracen pirates. Later, a landing for the brown coal landing was carried out. Characteristic of the sea is the fact that about 10 meters from the shore is the ancient Roman road that marks the ancient route of the Via Aurelia. Large square stone blocks are visible next to each other.
April 22, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.