Mountain Biking Highlight
In addition to the new construction of the Mother of God chapel on Elsoffer Street, which was created in 1967, there is a walking cross from the year 1809, built by the »Löblichen Bürgerschaft Mengerskirchens«. The long inscription on the neo-classical pedestal reminds of the sacrificial death and the suffering obedience of Christ. The restored cross trunk consists of layered limestone marble. The small, sharply cut body is unfortunately damaged. The chapel contains an old Pieta and since 1989 also a figure of the risen Jesus from native clay.
October 12, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!