Mountain Biking Highlight
On Mühlenweg, the path between Weßling and the Jexhof, stands the Steinerne pillar. Over time, it was repeatedly destroyed and repeatedly renovated, most recently in 2006 on behalf of Dr. Ing. O. Vilsmeier. She is today about 1.60 m high. The triangular column shaft is made of brick, while the base and the capital are made of tuff stone.What is the stone pillar? - "Ebs gwis woas ma net."A guess is that it is a landmark of the border of the bishoprics of Freising-Munich and Augsburg. In fact, in the region runs the diocese border.According to another assumption, the Stone Pillar could be of Roman origin. This assumption is supported by the fact that about 500 m further direction Schöngeising / Jexhof according to Bay. Vermessungsamt was found in 1923 a piece of a Roman road that possibly connected the Roman settlement in the blending forest with Schöngeising. Moreover, in a manuscript in the library of Count von Törring zu Seefeld, there is a hint that it marks the middle of the way from Rome to Cologne / Aachen. There is no further evidence for that.Source: http: //zeitreise-gilching.de/geschichte-gilchings/zeitleiste-2/neuzeit/die-steinerne-s%C3%A4ule.html
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!