Bike Touring Highlight
The former distillery and the former mill dating back to 1796 have survived on outbuildings. Both are used today as residential buildings. From 1971 to 2011, the listed building housed a hotel and restaurant. The round tower was restored in 1999. At irregular intervals, the castle also held art exhibitions. According to information from the Siegener newspaper, there were plans to sell the castle until the beginning of 2012 to an investor who wanted to convert it into a hotel with 100 rooms. Since this could not be implemented, and threatened the vacant building by not using the decay, founded in 2014, an association for the preservation of Junkernhees castle. The registered association takes care of the repair since then. The necessary financial resources are generated through membership fees, donations and various events, such as public parties and music festivals, as well as the biennial Open Monument Day
August 3, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!