The village of Ottersberg looks back on an eventful, nearly thousand-year history. A witness to this tradition is the Amtshof, a brick building with a castle-like character, built on a flat dune between the river arms of the Wümme and probably the origin of the settlement.
The Office Ottersberg, whose name "Office" with the Swedish administration of the then bishoprics of Bremen and Verden after 1648 is common, existed until 1859. The bailiff had his seat in the castle, hence the name "Amtshof". The still existing main building was built in its current form in 1585. The Renaissance portals bear the date 1619. Remains of ramparts and moats are preserved. The monument has been extensively restored since 1946 and houses the Free Rudolf Steiner School.
November 10, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.