Bike Touring Highlight
In Rathausen was a former monastery of the Cistercian nuns, which was founded in 1245. In 1251, a building was erected, which was called Domus Consilii, House of Council, that is Town Hall. In the course of secularization, the monastery was abolished in 1848. The canton of Lucerne appropriated the properties. The nunnery moved to several whereabouts (including the Capuchin Monastery Vézelise) in 1902 definitely in the monastery Thyrnau.From 1849 to 1867 the buildings were used as a cantonal teacher training college, in 1871 to house interned Bourbaki soldiers and in 1881 as a home for the isolation of smallpox patients. In 1882, the Grand Council of the Canton of Lucerne decided to set up a boarding school for poor children. In 1951, the canton transferred its property to a private foundation, which was run by the Rathausen education center under the name Kinderdörfli Rathausen until 1988.In 1989, this foundation was dissolved and transferred to the Foundation for Severely Handicapped Lucerne SSBL.Source: Wikipedia
July 30, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!