Mountain Biking Highlight
The Einsiedel or Elisabethenzell monastery already existed at the beginning of the 13th century and was first mentioned in a document in 1295. The occasion was a donation from the Counts of Rieneck to the Premonstratensian Order. In 1617 there was a witch trial in which 17 women were tortured for having performed a witch's dance on the site of the former monastery.
April 17, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!