Mountain Biking Highlight
The complex consists of a two-storey mansion on the west side, executed in greywacke, which dates back to the 14th century and was originally separated by a moat from the three-winged outer bailey built in 1717 in half-timbered on older quarry stone foundations. Its central, east-facing wing is divided by an archway from Haustein, which bears the coats of arms of the families of Groote and Coesfeld, who were owners of the castle at the beginning of the 18th century. Before this driveway is a brick bridge over the remains of the former moat, which is no longer filled with water and filled in the northeastern part with earth or overbuilt. The northern wing of the building was replaced in the middle of the 20th century by a hall for wagons and utensils, and the east wing with the stables extended by a stylish extension to the north. Further additional buildings were built in the courtyard.The entire plant, which is still used as an agricultural business, can only be visited from the outside.Source Wikipedia
April 2, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!