Mountain Biking Highlight
A first documentary mention of the village Leisenberg can be dated for the year 1281. The former site probably covered an area of 6.5 ha. Old records indicate that the village consisted of about six full farms and 13 farmhouses, with one farmyard about 20 ha and one farmyard about 10 ha to farm. In 1449 the last mention of Leisenberg takes place as an existing place. For the time after 1460, the desertification of the place occurs, from goods registers of the monastery Katlenburg can be seen that Leisenberg was desolate in 1513. Probably moved some of the inhabitants in the larger and better fortified Gillersheim, which also belonged to the monastery Katlenburg and had mostly better soil for agriculture, also from Göttingen and Northeim, however, several new citizens have been handed down since the 14th century, who called themselves after Leisenberg , Despite the abandonment of the village, the church was still occupied 1519/20 and only in 1618, the bells, a iron-studded box and a goblet were removed from the church.
May 1, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.