Mountain Biking Highlight
During a border inspection in the year 1930 on the initiative of the Springer mayor and on the occasion of the 175th anniversary of the Forstgenossenschaft Wennigsen-Argestorf a mighty beech received the name "Wöltjebuche" in honor of Carl Wöltje, who since 1912 was chairman of the Forstgenossenschaft Wennigsen-Argestorf (and held this post until 1948, thus for 36 years).In the 1970s, the beech was split by lightning, later severely damaged by arson. Today it is no longer available. However, the name "Wöltjebuche" remained on the relevant maps, indicated on the signposts and present in the minds of many hikers. As a substitute solution, many years ago, a wooden plaque attached to a recent replacement bookcase at a height of about 10 meters was reminiscent of its striking predecessor.Since a border inspection in the year 2004 marks now this striking point a (made by the Wennigs Steinmetz- and stone sculpure masters Claas Baranowski) monument, which beside a young, also by the family Friedrich Wöltje (Sorsum) donated and at the Grenzbegang 1999 dedicates blood beech stands.
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!