I am gaining experience on the return trip:
- Rush-hour rush hour traffic out of town! Noise, noise, noise ...
- if the streets were in the same condition as the bike paths, we would have a popular uprising
- the Geest is always wavy up and down
- Anyone who dreams on a bike or plays with a smartphone has already lost
- considerate and reckless drivers
- Pedestrians who suddenly run across the bike path
- Buxtehude: the new bridge over the Este for cyclists is ready! Excellent! New tours are possible ...My biggest challenge:
- the battery shows 33 km remaining runtime in Eco, but I drive a little over 40 km to Stade
- Solution: I switch the battery off on every slope or flat surface, on every incline I switch it on and on Eco. So I got home with 3km rest! The legs had good power.I was given presents:
the sky was initially very cloudy. Just before Dollern the clouds opened and the sunset began.
That was fantastic! Great impressions ...
2 days ago
The e-bike is back in operation. The professionals found no cause (chain jumped off the drive sprocket).The highlights of this tour:
Ships that appear to be sailing over land
"Sand dunes" in Bassenfleth
New sanitary facility at the Bassenfleth car park
Traffic on the Elbe (lightly loaded container ships)
Ferry from Stadersand to Hamburg
Ferry from Lühe-investors to Wedel / Schulau
Ferry from Cranz to Blankenese
Remains of the former floodplain forest directly on the Elbe
View from Cranz to Blankenese
Finkenwerder - Alte Süderelbe: nature reserve (paths are only dead ends, but very nice)
Finkenwerder - Rüsch: sit in the first row directly on the Elbe. There is always something going on here. Ships - right in front of your nose
the port traffic when passing by bike !! You have to have experienced that.
And then suddenly you are in front of the St. Gertrud Church. The fishing village had to give way to the Altenwerder container terminal. Contrast: a streak of green between the port logistics.
A direct view of the Altenwerder container loading facilities with the Köhlbrand bridge in the background. Good to see from the lookout hill.
Descend on the Kattwykbrücke and wait for a train passage! Very impressive.
Historic Süder-Elbbrücke: only for pedestrians and cyclists.
Harburg's inland port: the old port buildings are being replaced by modern buildings: office and living. Resting places on the pilot canal.
Short walk to Harburg train station for the return journey / onward journey by train.
My train came on time. Departure 18:24 h. Around 6:30 p.m. announcement: no further journey towards Cuxhaven, reason: a disturbance. S-Bahn trains do not run either. Everyone get out. Replacement bus traffic. Chaos on the platform. Everyone had question marks in their eyes !!!
I sit on my bike. The battery still shows 33 km of rest. That is not enough until Stade. I drive off.
2 days ago
Very nice round trip with the following highlights:
1) the Goldbecker Mühler (unfortunately in decay)
2) the goldbeck hill grave field (70 mounds, deep quarry pond, distant view of the surroundings, benches, beautiful circular walk), over 2m high blooming gorse, break-off edge to the quarry lake etc.
3) the "Beekhoff" in Beckdorf: a museum village with a beautiful farm garden and a blide, a medieval catapult for siege
4) Weather change from Wiegersen - previously completely covered sky, from about 18 h the cloud cover disappeared with a clear boundary. The sun appeared again and the sky was blue again! Very impressive
5) the forest passage from Wiegersen to Ahrensmoor-Ost against the sunlight! Very nice play of light in the forest
6) Suggestions for new tours / destinations
4 days ago
Discovery: the great way from Westerladekop to the A 26; the path across the meadow onto a path that leads out of the bull break; Cherries that grow well, beautiful flowers; Fishing ponds and observation tower in Nottensdorf; the Bockelsberg in Bliedersdorf.
The "icing on the cake" today would have been sun.
My e-bike is back in Repa: the chain jumps off the drive sprocket when driving. The specialist company puzzles. Today's tour with KTM Maranello without battery!
7 days ago
Light and shadow in the forest path through the wingst. An idyllic ride along the Neuhaus-Bülkauer Canal. Again and again wide views into a wide lowland with the Wingst in the background. Peatlands have their own concert: frogs are really loud! Tree-lined avenues with birdsong, even a cuckoo can be heard.
The farmers catch up with the grass. Tomorrow it will rain! It works with a large device in a chord.
Small towns are on Geesthügeln. Rest areas invite you to take a break.
Bikers meet in the parking lot at IMbiss in Bad Bederkesa - many bikers !!! Beautiful machines shine in the sun - and then off to the next destination.
Relaxation is the order of the day at the lake. Everyone finds something that suits them.
The way back goes along the Hadelner Canal to the branch to Bükau. A great route!
May 22, 2020
Nice atmosphere in the late afternoon in the Weißenmoor near Düdenbüttel. Again and again surprising motifs and beautiful play of light from the low sun. I was surprised by the rabbit. He stayed seated until I got off the bike and took a picture.
On the way back, the Schwingetal offers a picture of complete relaxation. Stop and look. Nice....
May 21, 2020
It was almost the whole tour through an avenue of "tree cathedrals". Sometimes as a forest, sometimes as a companion. It radiates a deep calm. Despite all the changes in life out there, the trees stand for something that remains.
The way from Hollenbeck to Braken and through was new to me! Recommendation.
The bike path from Rutenbeck to Bliedersdorf is super easy to ride after the reconstruction. Beautiful geest waves!
May 18, 2020
From Oldendorf, the protest against the construction of the A 20 is shown in signs - across the landscape.
An agricultural path brings a beautiful view of the windmill on the outskirts of Himmelpforten. The restaurant with a distant view is on the 4th floor!
Almost evening mood when I reach Wiepenkathen.
Am Steinkamp industrial area: a paved footpath with bicycle traffic in both directions. I meet a 14 year old girl with a bike. One hand on the handlebar, one hand on the smartphone; Looking down, headphones in the ears. It does not drive on the right, but heads straight towards me on the left. I pull the brakes and it stops terrified. I hope that the conversation brings a change in behavior for your future. I did not perceive an awareness of danger.
May 14, 2020
First ride after extensive "OP" on the e-bike: runs great again.
The extent of the "monster cloud" only became clear to me when I had a clear view on the drive to Agathenburg. This is impressive. I turn and leave the cloud. Result: no shower.
The sun breaks through and the light instantly creates a great contrast to the dark sky.
Nice view of the paddocks on the Schwingetal.
The light makes the leaves shine again deep down.
The old market path continues on sand / fine gravel towards the sand pitcher. Warning: this path has small potholes.
May 12, 2020
Clear sky, no wind - just beautiful. A relaxing mood is over the morning.
The path through the Himmelpforten forest to the B 73 was new to me - a recommendation! The Sunder lakes with the adjacent forest - that takes time.
Trees in fresh green everywhere. The light finds its way down through. Wonderful.
May 10, 2020