Fields, meadows and avenues - a landscape that deceleratesThis is how this north path is aptly described. This quiet piece of earth with its heather river Fintau is right for all those who want to switch off.Since this hiking trail does not have classic highlights, hikers have the opportunity to let their gaze wander over nature or to deal with the many details. Unfortunately, this north path often leads over wide driveways and along roads, which we think is a shame.
July 19, 2021
Green land - as far as the eye can see!Fintel's highest point, the 58 m high Osterberg, lies between the Ruschwede and Fintau stream valleys. Surrounded by spacious meadows, fields and forests, this north path offers peace and relaxation for the stressed soul.The north path begins directly at the "Osterberg", where there is also parking. Our hike on the north path Osterberg includes a detour to the sheepfold (approx. 300 m away from the north path) and the junction to Eggersmühlen to the watermill with mill pond (approx. 800 m away; 1.6 km there and back).Even if this hike hardly contains any classic "highlights", it is a nice, relaxed tour overall; especially in early summer, when the rich green is complemented by the many yellow tones of the ears in the fields.
June 27, 2021
On natural paths through moor, forest and heatherThe 654-hectare nature reserve "Großes und Weißes Moor" (NSG LÜ 061) is one of the best preserved raised bogs in northwest Germany. This is why this area was recognized by the EU as a flora-fauna habitat (FFH area) in 2004.NABU Rotenburg, together with the Rotenburg (Wümme) district, has created four nature adventure hiking trails. The longest is the quality hiking trail north path "Dör’t Moor", which was nominated in 2021 for the choice of "Germany's most beautiful hiking trails".The hike begins directly at a large parking lot and first leads along the large Bullensee, a very beautiful swimming lake. After around 700 m, turn left into the "Na't Moor" moor area.The rest of the route runs on wide, easily accessible paths with plenty of seating along the moorland and through beautiful forests. Numerous information boards provide information about the moor and its inhabitants.After around 6.3 km you reach the Spieker sheepfold, where various old agricultural implements are exhibited in a kind of small open-air museum.The rest of the route runs along through beautiful forest passages before reaching the small Bullensee. From there it is only a short distance back to the large Bullensee.
June 14, 2021
This short but beautiful hike leads us through the high moor areas of the nature reserve "Südliches Hagenener Moor" (NSG LÜ 075).The hike begins directly at Hagen Castle, which we pay a short visit to on the way back, and leads past SwinGolf ("pirate golf course") to Hagen's Königsmoor. A signposted circular route runs around the Hagener Königsmoor.The "Königsmoor", which was originally called Ahemoor, got its name between 1820 and 1845 when it was granted to interested parties by the King of Hanover. In hundreds of parcels, the peat was digested for fuel purposes using hand peat digging.The tour not only offers a variety of insights into the moorland with its specific vegetation, but especially on the way towards the observation tower - located a bit off the circular path - also beautiful rewetted areas where numerous dragonflies cavort.At the end of the tour we make a short detour to Hagen Castle, which was built in the 12th century and is also called Burghagen. The castle now houses a museum of grisaille painting.
May 24, 2021
The Hamme is a large river in the middle of the Teufelsmoor and, so to speak, the lifeline of the landscape on which the vital peat was transported.The river starts very small and rises from the Giehler Bach, which gradually merges with other rivers and comes together to form the Hamme.This hike leads through the quiet and particularly green geest landscape in which the Hamme has its origin.Even if the tour is a bit asphalt-heavy - although you can often run at the edge on better surface - and it is not full of "highlights", it still has its own charm. The calm is often only interrupted by the numerous chirping birds, which sit in large numbers in the treetops ... and along the way you can see many butterflies and, with a little luck, deer (we had a total of five on our tour).
May 9, 2021
Hike to a rough and deserted rocky capeThe Cap de Ferrutx is a dry, karst and often windy corner with no human life (apart from a few isolated hikers). The destination of our tour is the Sa Talaia Moreia watchtower, built in 1604, from which the strait between Mallorca and Menorca was once controlled.We start our hike at the parking lot below the Finca s'Alqueria Vella, where the tourist information for the Parc Natural de la Península de Llevant is located.From there we first follow the Camí dels Presos (Itinerari 3), where we walk partly on the gravel road and partly on the parallel GR 222. After about 4 km (about 200 m after the GR 222 turns) we change to the Camí d'en Mondoi (Iternerari 5). Around 700 m further on, another signposted path branches off to the right in the direction of s’Arenalet. However, we stay on the wide road and continue to follow it until we come to a road block after a total of 6 km (which, however, affects the path down to Betlem).We enjoy the view before walking back a short distance. A path branches off here, which leads to the other side of the fence with a ladder crossing. The further path then climbs to a length of a good 300 m, always with the fence directly to your left, in a non-restricted area, before we switch to the other side of the fence again with a ladder crossing and find ourselves on a plateau and ours Be able to spot the target.Even if it doesn't look like it at first glance, the path leads over the plateau and on the other side along the ridge to the sa Talai Moreia watchtower. Most of the path is clearly recognizable and marked with cairns. A certain amount of surefootedness, but above all a good wind protection, is advisable up here, because the path is stony and the wind often blows strongly.After we have completed the last ascent, after a total of 7.4 km we reach the watchtower sa Talai Moreia located at 443 m above sea level on the Cap de Ferrutx, the destination of our hike today.The former watchtower was built in 1604 and repaired in 1629 after repeated raids. The entrance is at a height of 5 meters and was provided with a rope ladder (today there is a metallic ladder). If you want, you can use the ladder to get inside the tower and from there to the upper platform with a great view.From there it goes back to our starting point. If you want, you can also take the path over the seaward ridge, which extends the hike by around 1.2 km and another 130 m.
April 25, 2021
- 01:494.93 mi2.7 mph50 ft50 ft
A bird watching paradiseThe 1,646 hectare S'Albufera wetland was declared a nature reserve in 1988 and is part of the EU's Natura 2000 network as a bird sanctuary (SPA) and special conservation area (SAC).In addition to the large circular route "Camí d'en Mig - Ses Puntes" there are three very short signposted routes: "Sa Roca" (769 m), Es Combaren (1,300 m) and Es Cibollar (725 m).This tour connects the three short ways. In order to have enough time for bird watching, we do the large circular route as a separate tour.The hike begins at the entrance area on the main path "Camí d'en Mig - Ses Puntes". Shortly afterwards we reach the visitor center.Here we first turn onto the "Itenerari se Roca". On this short detour you will find the five bird observation stations Sa Roca I, Sa Roca II, Es Ras, Ses Pardes and Es Canal Gran as well as the observation post with lagoon.Back on the main path we cross the Sa Roca bridge and immediately afterwards make the detour to the right to "Internerari Es Cibollar". The two bird observation stations Es Cibollar I and Es Cibollar II are on this short detour.Back at the bridge, we continue our hike to the right on the Camí des Senyals with the next detour, the "Iternerari Es Colombars". The two observation platforms "Es Cibollar I" and "Es Cibollar II" as well as the Es Colombars bird observation station are located here.From there it goes back to our starting point.
April 15, 2021
- 02:034.86 mi2.4 mph1,000 ft950 ft
This short hike leads to the three sanctuaries "Santuari de Gràcia", "Ermita de Sant Honorat" and "Santuari de Cura" on the monastery mountain Randa.We start the hike at the parking lot of the village of Randa, located at the foot of the monastery mountain of the same name, the second most important pilgrimage site in Mallorca. The path leads us first up the street and then through the small pedestrian zone. We pass the old wash house and shortly afterwards the stone cross "La Creu de Randa". The cross, on which there is also a representation of Ramon Llull, was erected in 1846.We follow the road uphill for another 200 m before turning onto a somewhat hidden narrow path at a small "parking bay". Note: do not take the wider path, which is easier to see, as it leads to the Puig de Son Reus!From here a mixture of hiking trail and old pilgrimage route leads us up the mountain before we reach the entrance to the "Santuari de Nostra Senyora de Gràcia" ("Santuari de Gràcia" for short) after a total of 1.4 km. From here a tarred path leads 400 m to the monastery. Unfortunately, when we were halfway there, it was closed for renovation work, so that we could only see the monastery from a distance.The founding of the Santuari goes back to the Franciscan Father Antoni Caldès, who lived not far from here in the Cova de s'Aresta cave around 1480. A small chapel was built at the end of the 15th century. The current church was built between 1770 and 1820. From here you also have a beautiful view of the island of Cabreras as well as Es Trenc and Colònia de Sant Jordi.We go back to the entrance gate and take the steep path opposite (not the serpentine road) up to the "Ermita de Sant Honorat".The Ermita was founded in 1394 by the hermit and former knight Arnau Desbrull. In the middle of the 18th century, the Ermita housed monks of the Order of Saints Paul and Anthony. In 1890 members of the Congregation of the Sacred Hearts moved in, who are still located here today. In the Ermita, the church, completed in 1661, and its small courtyard can be visited.After we have visited the Ermita, we take the asphalt path down to the country road, which we then follow for about 400 m up the mountain. A path branches off here that leads us up the mountain and thus shortens the serpentine road and crosses it several times (sometimes with short intermediate sections on the road). Once at the top we reach our third station, the "Santuari de Nostra Senyora de Cura" ("Santuari de Cura" for short).The origin of this monastery goes back to the 13th century. Hermits had retired in caves below the mountain. Ramon Llull was one of them. The polymath and missionary is considered to be the founder of the Catalan cultural language. Franciscan monks have lived in the monastery since 1913. In the extensive monastery complex, the outdoor areas, the chapel and a museum can be visited. In addition, you have a great view that extends from Palma to the Puig de Galatzó and the Mola de s’Esclop in the southwest, but also to the thousand peaks Teix, l’Ofre, Puig Major, Puig de Massanella and Puig Tomir. In the north the bays of Pollença and Alcúdia with their peninsulas can be made out.Before we go back the same way, we make a short detour to Cova del Beat Ramon Llul, whose access was unfortunately also closed.
April 8, 2021
Through the villages in the Sóller Orange ValleyExtensive orange and lemon groves and terraced olive plantations shape the landscape on this beautiful hike through three villages in the Sóller Valley (Binibassi, Fornalutx and Biniaraix). With its closed town center of stone houses and secluded staircases, Fornalutx is one of the most beautiful villages in all of Spain.The circular hike begins in Sóller at Plaça Constitució (or one of the nearby parking lots), which also invites you to linger after the tour. Here we can also visit the imposing church "Església de Sant Bartomeu", built in the Baroque style at the end of the 17th century (unfortunately it was closed on our tour) and watch the famous orange tram that runs between Sóller and Port de Sóller. The path first leads us through part of the pedestrian zone of Sóller with its small shops and boutiques.Shortly afterwards we leave Sóller and walk along large lemon and orange groves, with its famous oranges, of which the area is also known as the "Orange Valley of Sóller", to Binibassi.From Binibassi we follow the path to Fornalutx. Shortly before entering the village, we visit the remarkable cemetery "Cementiri Municipal de Fornalutx". Then we hike through the very beautiful village of Fornalutx.Behind Fornalutx we continue our hike to Biniaraix and come through olive groves with ancient olive trees, before we meet lemon and orange groves again shortly before the equally beautiful village of Biniaraix.After we have left Biniaraix behind us, we go back a short distance to Sóller, where we end the tour with a cold drink on the Plaça Constitució and an ice cream from Sa Fàbrica de Gelats.
April 1, 2021