So close, and yet not known, the Eisenberg Castle Church is the most beautiful baroque church in Thuringia. It was built 1680-1692 under Duke Christian von Eisenberg Saxony, one of the many sons of Ernst the Pious.
About the very well-kept herb garden with tea house we went to the castle church.
Last day in Nauders - so only half a day of hiking with thunderstorm announcement. The Kaiserschützenweg actually begins at the fortress with 500 meters of altitude over gigantic steps on the rock. We walked from the Norberthöhe over the Sellesköpfe and Selleswiesen. At the weir system with trench and cavern we crawled through. The weir was built in 1916.
Long before the Brenner pass was built there was the Reschenpass, the Via Claudia Augusta, 45 AD. With a bridge over the Inn, from 1300 toll was charged. The Klausenturm was built in 1502 and the small chapel in 1604. In 1854, the new Reschenstrasse was built and Altfinstermünz as a castle and customs station was no longer needed. Restoration started in 2009 and ended in 2013.
In the meadows of the escape wall the Edelweiss should stand, that was the motivation.
The hiking taxi drove us to the Labaunalm, then we hiked further, the alpine roses, orchids and spring bloomers were fantastic. Right next to the snowfield the crocuses, what a surprise. And then there was Edelweiss at the top. It blew a nice breeze, only the long descent into the hot Nauders was not easy.