The history of the Opalenie parish dates back to the 13th century. At that time, parishes were established in castles and settlements, which had great economic and, consequently, administrative importance. At that time, parishes occupied vast areas, which changed over the course of history, thanks to which smaller and smaller institutions could be established. In this way, a parish was separated from a large new parish, among others in Opalenie. In the 1920s, parishes were also established in Tymawa and Piaseczno, with which Opalenie bordered from the north. In 1294, Pieniążkowo (a church village) became the property of the bishops of Włocławek, which was the direct cause of the establishment of the Opalenica parish. The founders were the owners of the village, or their predecessors. Among them can be counted the knight Maciej or Mateusz (historians do not agree on the name). Therefore, lands were given for the construction of a church and funds for the endowment of the rectory. The foundation of the parish was probably accompanied by the construction of a church. As early as 1365, a record of its existence can be found. It is most likely that it was a wooden building, dedicated to St. Peter.