The historic structure was designed by Eng. Georg Christoph Mehrtens.
Originally, the bridge consisted of 18 spans and stood over the Vistula River in Bydgoszcz. Built in 1891-1893, it was the longest crossing in Germany, and after 1920 it became the longest crossing in Poland.
During World War II it was destroyed many times. The final decision to dismantle it was made in 1949, and thus in 1952 two spans were delivered to Ploski and replaced the old wooden crossing over the Narew River.
The remaining elements of the Fordon Bridge are:
• 2 spans in Brzeg nad Odrą
• 1 span is in Czarnków on the Noteć River
• 3 spans in Dorohusk on the Bug River
• 3 spans in Jarosław on the San River
• 2 in Zosina on the Bug River
The bridge was entered into the register of monuments on March 25, 2022.