From 1908, the inhabitants of Czarna Wieś and the surrounding villages applied for permission to build a church and establish a parish. Since the tsarist authorities made it difficult to obtain a building permit for the church, a permit for a temporary chapel was first obtained. It was built by Szymon Prozorowski in a farming way and on the land he donated. On Christmas 1910, it was consecrated by the dean of Sokółka, Fr. Antoni Songajło. Since then, services have been held there. The first permanent priest in December 1911 was Fr. Edward Szapel. In 1912, he started keeping metric books. This year is considered the founding date of the parish.
On February 20, 1913, the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs issued a permit to build a church in Czarna Wieś. The construction work was supervised by Fr. Scapel. The design of the temple was made by Eng. Lavoronkov, and some changes were made by H. Luft from Warsaw. Construction began on April 1, 1913 under the technical supervision of Eng. Marian Beer. Soon the First World War broke out and the works were stopped.
They were resumed in May 1919, and on November 27, 1921, the temple was solemnly consecrated by Fr. Songajla. In the same year, the town began to be called Czarna Wieś Kościelna. The temple dedicated to Our Lady of Angels was consecrated only on June 16, 1957 by Bishop Władysław Suszyński.