A story of over three hundred years
More than three hundred years ago, grain was ground on the Mühlenplatz in Moorsee. In front of the miller's house stood a small windmill on boulders, which can be seen today on the museum grounds.
One half of the estate belonged to father and son Tjörk and Wilcke Ummen,
who bequeathed their share to the parishioners in remission. Around 1800, the poor foundation sold half of it to co-owner Anton Theilen.
Since then, various tenants have worked here as Müller, until on 1 May 1899 Anton Gerhard Reinken and his son Johann Hinrich Gerhard took over the business. From 1945 Heinrich Reinken led the company, which stopped its operation until 1977 as the last commercial windmill of the Wesermarsch.
The Moorseer mill was extensively renovated in 2005 and 2006. The brickwork, the wooden octagon, the windows and the floors were repaired. The wings were also renewed and a rod (a pair of wings) was provided with a new blind system.
The mill cap and the surrounding gallery have been completely redesigned. In addition, two millstones had to be replaced. After the renovation, the Moorseer mill is ready for use again and will run for many more decades.