A mill at this point on the Kleinen Aller is first mentioned in 1434. Nevertheless, the data from the earliest operating time are sparse.
1670 the miller Claus Hans is called, 1679 Peter Möller. 1748, the miller Henning Gaden is warned by the Office Vorsfelde, because he spoiled his meal guests with a special customer service, in which he picked up the grain from them and brought the flour back into the house. The Vorsfeld Amtsmüller Täger then obtained the confiscation of the Brackstedter Müller horses two years later.
In 1782, the miller Johann Ernst Christoph Müller, 1787 Johann Heinrich Müller. Under the latter took place in 1825/26, a new building adjacent to the mill house and also parts of the mill.
In 1910, Müller Plöger from Detmold set up a restaurant at the mill. At that time, the mill was working with a grinding and a shredding gear. After sale to the farmer Willi Schulz in 1936, he gave up flour production and in 1964 also the scrap industry.
Thereafter, the mill was rebuilt for catering purposes and used as such today. The unterschlächtige waterwheel and the mill technology were preserved and can be visited during the opening hours of the restaurant.