Martin Luther Church in Klein Vahlberg. The church consists of a late Gothic tower built in 1515, as a building inscription testifies, and a younger nave that was built* in 1804/1805. A stone relief has been preserved from the Middle Ages, which depicts the crucified Christ with his mother Mary and his favorite disciple John on the sides. The relief used to be on the side of the tower. In order to protect it from the weather, it now has its place in the nave of the church.
Klein Vahlberg was first mentioned in 1344 as Osteren-Vahlberg and was renamed Lüttgen-Vahlberg in 1367.
The noble court of Klein Vahlberg is an old fiefdom of the von Schwartzkopp family.
This includes the villages of Klein Vahlberg and Wetzleben.
In addition to the church, the village had a school from a very early stage, which occupied the manorial estate. In addition to the land, the noble estate also included a fishery, hunting, and sheep farm.
In the surrounding area, alabaster was quarried on the slopes of the Asse mountain range, which was then fired into gypsum.