ルート

プランナー

機能

アップデート

App

ログインまたはサインアップ

アプリを入手

ログインまたはサインアップ

探索
Places to see
イギリス
イングランド
イングランド南西部
グロスターシャー
コッツウォルド
ローワースローター

オールド・ミル(ローアー・スローター)

ハイライト • 記念碑

オールド・ミル(ローアー・スローター)

462のうち459人の人のハイキング愛好家が推奨

ハイライトが保護地区内にあり

現地の条例を必ず確認してください。{{link, react}}

The Cotswolds National Landscape

保存

シェア

  • もっと見る

  • 保存

    シェア

  • もっと見る

  • 目的地に設定

    ここにルートがあります

    「オールド・ミル(ローアー・スローター)」に行くべストハイキング

    4.8

    (189)

    831

    ハイカー

    1. バートン・オン・ザ・ウォーター&ストー・オン・ザ・ウォールドループ — ザ・コッツウォルズ

    16.0km

    04:19

    220m

    220m

    中程度のハイキング. ある程度のフィットネスレベルが必要です。 全般的に進みやすいルートです。安定して歩行できる技術が必要です。

    ナビゲート

    スマートフォンに送信

    中程度

    中程度のハイキング. ある程度のフィットネスレベルが必要です。 進みやすいルートです。あらゆるスキルレベルに適しています。

    中程度

    中程度のハイキング. ある程度のフィットネスレベルが必要です。 進みやすいルートです。あらゆるスキルレベルに適しています。

    中程度

    役立つ情報

    3月 17, 2021

    This gorgeous mill sits on a site dating back to at least 1086, when the Domesday Book was written. Sitting on the River Eye, just before it flows into Bourton-on-the-Water, the mill itself has its history in the 14 century.

    Like the village it lies in, Lower Slaughter, the mill is absolutely stunning and is now home to a museum. You'll also find a shop and lovely riverside cafe here.

      6月 23, 2021

      A Mill is recorded in the Doomsday Book of 1086 on the site of the The Old Mill. In the 14th Century it had begun to be known as Slaughter Mill and by the 18th Century had become independent of the manorial estate.

      In its later years The Old Mill, situated on the River Eye came into the ownership of the Wilkins family whose cousins ran John Wilkins & Sons at the nearby mill in Bourton-on-the-Water, now the Cotswold Motor Museum.

      From the First World War up to 1958, the last year of flour production, the business at the Old Mill, Joseph T. Wilkins & Sons, was run by grandson Joseph Morris Wilkins, known to his friends as Morris. Joseph Wilkins was the last of four generations to mill at Lower Slaughter, as sadly on the 10th May 1958 he suffered a heart attack whilst on a day out to Lyme Regis in Dorset Morris had two daughters, Pauline and Susan but no sons, so regrettably no-one in the family was able to continue the business.

      In 1959 Alfred and Edith Collet bought the bakery business at The Mill turning part of the Mill House into a local Post Office and Shop. Followed by their two sons Toby and Stephen, together with daughter Linda, Collett’s Bakery grew steadily. In1992 they moved to larger premises at Manor Farm in Upper Slaughter, and sadly went out of business.
      The Old Mill re-opened its doors to the public for the first time on National Mill Days, Sunday 14th May 1995. By removing the floorboards of the milling room you are able to see the two sets of stones which were used for both grist milling and flour milling. When you visit make sure to look up and study the array of machinery which used to make the Old Mill alive with the sound of milling!

        6月 23, 2021

        The Old Mill Museum is a historical mill with museum.

          komootの無料アカウントに登録して、さらに6件の役立つ情報や意見を閲覧しましょう。

          無料新規登録

          詳細

          情報

          標高 180 m

          天気

          AerisWeatherによる提供

          今日

          日曜日 30 11月

          6°C

          4°C

          100 %

          今すぐアクティビティを始めると...

          最大風速: 16.0 km/h

          最も訪問された時期

          1月

          2月

          3月

          4月

          5月

          6月

          7月

          8月

          9月

          10月

          11月

          12月

          Loading

          場所:ローワースローター, コッツウォルド, グロスターシャー, イングランド南西部, イングランド, イギリス

          その他の必見人気スポット

          St Peter's Church, Cotswolds

          探検する
          ルートルートプランナー機能ハイキングMTBトレイルロードバイクルートバイクパッキング
          アプリをダウンロード
          SNSでフォローする

          © komoot GmbH

          プライバシーポリシー