The church in Bienenbüttel has been called “St. Michaelis Church” since the first Advent in 1957. It was first mentioned in 1307. In the period around 1500 there was a modest stone church that was renovated in 1564.
The brick church was built in 1837. It was now 14 meters wide and, including the erratic tower, 31.40 meters long. It offered space for 600 visitors. The church tower from 1702 initially remained standing. This was followed by the construction of the graves in the raised and walled churchyard around the church, which was closed in 1810 and which was planted with linden trees in 1865. It was not until 1843 that the parish office was filled with a new parish pastor: Hermann Christian Heinrich Friedrich Danckwerts (1814–1881). In 1857 the Philip Furtwaengler company from Elze installed the new organ, which has since been overhauled several times.The old erratic boulder tower, which was initially standing, was replaced in 1907 by today's tower extension on the south side. The church tower was designed by the architect Wilhelm Matthies and is 42 meters high. The new tower cost 22,000 marks and was inaugurated by Pastor Bruno Theodor Haentzsche. The weather vane with the year 1702 was placed on top of the new tower.
There are three bells hanging in the tower. The oldest was cast in 1524. It came from Geünhagen to Bienenbüttel in 1702 when the chapel there was demolished. The old Bienenbüttler bell had worn out at the clapper stop and had become thin-walled and had to be replaced by another. This bears the inscription: “Anno Domini 1524 cast by Cord v. d. Heyde in Lüneburg ”. The "Luther Bell" dates from 1933.
The bell of the church tower can be heard over the 55 square kilometer parish when there is no wind; it sounds like Beverbeck and is particularly audible in the remote villages in winter when the weather is freezing.de.wikipedia.org/wiki/St.-Michaelis-Kirche_(Bienenb%C3%BCttel)
The St. Michaelis Church is an Evangelical Lutheran church in the center of Bienenbüttel in the middle of the Lüneburg Heath in the north of the Uelzen district, Lower Saxony.de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St.-Michaelis-Kirche_(Bienenbüttel)