Bike Touring Highlight
In 1651, a windmill was located on the scenic Geere Ridge. In its place 1761 the current gallery Dutch windmill was built. It is 29 m high, two-storey and provided with a thatched tower. Each of the four wings is eleven feet long. In order to be able to optimally adapt the grinding operation to the wind conditions, the retrofitting with a wind rose took place in 1912. Later, they built an electric motor. Until 1965, the "Dutchman" worked with two grinding operations and a roller mill. Then this mill fell victim to the mill dying - it was shut down. The mill has been open to the public since 1969 under the supervision of the "Association for the Conservation of the Achimer Windmill e.V." and the town of Achim.