The Simon and Judas Church was built in the 11th century by the Counts of Wölpe in Romanesque style. After the destruction of the Thirty Years' War in 1688 a rebuilding of the nave was necessary, which is shown in Gothic elements. Also, a bridal house was grown. The ceiling in the choir has biblical representations in grisaille technique. In 1865 the church got an organ. In 1878 the nave was renovated. In 1891 and 1998 the tower was renovated (Wikipedia).