The Schlagmühle is located in Strausberg suburb in the Annatal.
It can be reached from the Ernst-Thälmann-Straße via the Schlagmühlenstraße or when walking from the Schwanenteich along the Annafließ.
In 2007, the Anna River was moved in the area of the hammer mill a few meters further to the east, so that no more water flows to the mill wheel.
The Schlagmühle is older than the city Strausberg. Their name has changed several times. At the end of the 18th century, it received its present name. Since there was little of the mill, between her and the Herrensee lay the municipal customs office (Schlag für Schlagbaum), it has since been called Schlagmühle.Source: Rolf Barthel: "Strausberger mill history", messages AKANTHUS 8/1999, page 6
There used to be five mills at the creek of Annatal. Now you can still see the 800-year-old Schlagmühle. In 2007, the Annafließ was moved by a few meters, so that the mill wheel receives no more water. The owner of the mill and some residents of the Strausberg suburb try to preserve it.
The hammer mill at Mühlenfließ was economically very important for the city of Strausberg and was first mentioned in 1247 as "Mühle am Herrensee". As manulie writes, it had several names and got its current name from the Schlag for turnpike.
The "Zur Schlagmühle" restaurant was a popular destination for day trippers and hikers for 15 years, until it had to close in 2003. The mill wheel, which was placed in a historic location in 1980, has not turned for a number of years and is now ailing because it is no longer constantly wetted.